Change Talk Associates works with individuals, groups and organizations across Canada who offer others support and guidance to resolve ambivalence, decrease discord, and engage in health and related change.
Drawing on our expertise in Motivational Interviewing, we specialize in assisting health and social service providers enhance skills that increase engagement, strengthen intrinsic motivation and improve health outcomes.
Using this evidence-based guiding style of communication, we translate research to practice and focus on HOW to ignite change by transforming the conversation.
We can help you…
- Shift your communication style from directing to guiding
- Move from persuasion to possibility
- Learn to listen for what really matters and draw out motivation
- Manage difficult conversations
- See ambivalence as opportunity
- Refine communication skills and enhance MI competencies
- Reduce your frustration in supporting others to change
- Strengthen teamwork and collaborative relationships
- Navigate Motivational Interviewing resources and information
- - Save the date for Motivational Interviewing courses in 2018
- - Change Talk Associates to Host MI Courses in 2018 at UBC Robson Square
- - Off to Ireland!
- - UBC MI Courses Available Until Dec 2017
- - MI Skills Workbook Updated – Available Sept 2017
- - UBC Award of Achievement in MI – Registration Open Sept 2015
- - Support Group Practice Guide now available! July 2014
- Extending the Learning about Girls, Women, Alcohol & Pregnancy (2014) – Webinar 1: Working with women who may themselves have FASD
- Extending the Learning about Girls, Women, Alcohol & Pregnancy (2014) –Webinar 2: Updated resources on women and alcohol: Applying research to practice
- Extending the Learning about Girls, Women, Alcohol & Pregnancy (2014) – Webinar 3: Trauma‐informed approaches to FASD prevention
- Video conference presentation (go to 2011 presentations on website): Talking with Women about Alcohol and Pregnancy